10 November, 2007

Never A Dull Moment (that might be a lie)

today i had an unexpected lunch/shopping date with a fun friend. after perusing a few stores in our quaint Lodi "downtown", we decided to drive to a nearby gift shop that is having a going out of business sale. after walking around the store for a while, looking at a lot of still-out-of-my-price-range gift items, i had a sudden urge to purge (aka, needed to pee...bad). there was no public bathroom in sight, so my sweet friend leaned over the checkout counter to ask one of the busy clerks where they hide their facilities. here we get to the reason for this post. the lady bends down and grabs this (below) from under the counter, and motions me to follow her.



We then walk over to a door that says "employees only" that leads down a VERY long, suspicious looking hallway, the bathroom being on the far end. There is a strong aroma of chinese food being prepared that fills the air, and the sound of mallets hitting cutting boards-i think. (apparently this places shares a wall with a chinese deli). Before the lady turns to walk away she says, "when you are done, come back to this door and press this button nice and hard. someone will be here shortly TO LET YOU OUT"!!! are you kidding me! ahhhhh! If I wasn't going to soon wet myself, i might have thought twice about this scene.

9 comments:

Sabrina said...

And you wonder why I worry about you?!!!

Katie said...

You must have had to pee really bad. That sounds like a scene out of a horror film.

Little Miss Sunshine said...

that happened to me once...only there was a guy with a chainsaw standing over the toilet.

Katie said...

Natalie - would you care to elaborate on that comment?!

Kelly said...

Wow, kinda puts all of my problems into perspective. :)
Glad you made it out!

hannah said...

You should update this. that's all:)

Katie said...

It has been almost a month since your last post and I am ready for another one. :) You should post a copy of the infamous "Red Shirt" picture.

Little Miss Sunshine said...

hey ya little fart-fig-noogan,
due to peer pressure, i finally updated my blog. I would like to encourage you to do the same!

Katie said...

I would like you to encourage you to update your blog as well. A nice Kenya update is in order, don't ya think?! :)