06 November, 2007

Creative Creator

I went on the most BEAUTIFUL hike with my friend Susie last week. Unbelievable, surreal, extravagant, thought-provoking, awe-inspiring--these are all words that I could use to try to describe what I saw and experienced. Posting pictures just won't do the scenery justice, but its a start.


I was absolutely captivated as I walked from bubbling brooks, into the woods, past a marshy field, and onto the ocean shore. God is so creative. Seeing His work ignited my own excitement to create. Thinking of God as creative CREATOR was so freeing to me. I found myself enjoying God, which is something I have not often enough done, and it really did feel like freedom. Freedom to approach God in a new way, to pray to him through my own creating, to explore Him without the pressure of knowing everything.


It was a good day.







turkeys outside Susie's apartment



ferdenand, the caterpillar

6 comments:

Sabrina said...

Lovely photos! Does Susie live in the country or do wild turkeys roam freely all over northern California?

Katie said...

I was so excited to see that you updated your blog! That hike sounded like a lot of fun! It sounds like something Madeleine would enjoy; especially the catepillar and Turkeys. :)

Grace said...

Susie does not live in the country...don't really know how to explain the turkeys...she's just lucky I guess

nate said...

one word: jealous.

Susie said...

I should send you my pics of the woods, I think mine may have come out a bit better.

Susie said...

also...I'm glad you remembered ferdenand's name...I had totally blanked, which is surprising as he was such a big influence on my life for the brief time that I knew him.