11 October, 2007

Swimming Upstream

There's been a whole lot of peer pressure in the air concerning my entry into blog world. So, I guess you could say that I just caved. Here I am.

Swimming upstream is the name of a song that I wrote a few years back as I suffered from an internal game of tug of war. As it turns out, this has become a "lifesong" of sorts for me as i continue to struggle with what it means to really follow Christ and live a life sold out to Him.

Following are a few lines of that song. Perhaps this is too intimate for a first post...but here goes anyway...


How can I know if this desire’s from you?
Who’s gonna test that my intentions are true?
When my heart steers my head like a sail on the breeze
Should following you feel like swimming upstream?

...or is is possible Lord, that we could dream the same dream?

8 comments:

Sabrina said...

Let me be the first to say "YAY!!!"
Love the pics of Henry but would rather see more pics of your sweet face. I also love your lyrics. Maybe you can sing them for me when you come home next month.
Three cheers for blogging...hip hip hooray!

Katie said...

I am so excited about your blog and cannot wait to keep up with it. :)

Little Miss Sunshine said...

3 CHEERS FOR MOM...Hip Hip Hooray! ...cereal?
But for reals, I'd like to see more pictures of your sweet face too. Maybe I'll write my own song about it:

Gracie has a nice facey
*When I see it I go crazy
She puts her flowers in a vasey
And tries on tankinis found at Macy's

*(pronunciation: Crreh-see, like eskeleto in Nacho Libre...YOU'RE CRAZY)

anyways, catch ya later

Sabrina said...

By the way Little Miss Sunshine, it's serial, not the munchy cereal! You know serial - serious. Get it?

Mama Gail said...

I also love your lyrics and your blog and would sure like to hear you sing that song!

Erika said...

Hey! I was just catching up on Katie's blog and followed the link here! Welcome to the wodnerful world of blogging. Careful... it'll suck you in! I'll enjoy keeping up with you here!

melthedce said...

it's about stinking time! something else to kill time with ha ha ha!

Amy Kopecky said...

it rained in London today. as i studied in a library the gushing water made me nervous with its aggressiveness. but now that i'm reminded of your BEAUTIFUL song lyrics (and i can hear you singing them in a room smashed between ruth b and c) water has new meaning. . .

thanks for making my day :) and thanks for starting a blog! i'll look forward to visiting it--that is, whenever you feel like writing :)